Week 2 Reflection

My second week of Senior Project was a success. I have learned many things both as a student and a teacher. This week I got to focus more on the teaching aspect of being a TA. I got to help create tests for Intro to Lit as well as create questions for a harkness in Culture and Conflict. However, I mainly helped Mel by making sure everyone was on track with their final projects for all five classes. 

I have really started to connect with all the students in the classes, even the freshman. This week, Athletes and Lit was pretty normal and so easy to manage, we even got the opportunity to go out for ice cream during one of our blocks and simply have a conversation on our book. I have finally started to get used to both Intro classes, they are full of wild freshmen, but have been making sure they are getting their work done and am excited to start grading the tests Mel and I created for them. My favorite class this week was definitely Culture and Conflict, where I simply got to sit, listen and learn while the students discussed a few harkness questions. I am really enjoying helping with classes and simply being able to read and listen to people's ideas. 

For the week ahead, my goal is that everyone finishes their final projects on time and well. I plan to be there as an extra support for all students hoping they feel comfortable enough to reach out to me if they need any help getting things done. Although I have had some trouble finishing American Spy, I have really been enjoying Saltwater Buddha and I was excited to finally finish 57 BUS. All my senior project goals are being met and I am truly loving being a teacher alongside Mel. I am most excited to finish senior project this week and get to see Culture and Conflict and the Intro classes present during innovation night. All I really have left to do is come up with something to present at Express Fest.     :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 reflection

Day 12 Senior Project